Earning the Order – Part 2 from Randy Clark
Continuing our guest post from yesterday…
Randy Clark of TKO Graphics:
Most decision makers will say no several times before they say yes…to somebody, yet most consultants only ask once or never ask for the order. Here’s why:
- You don’t want to be pushy – so you wait for them to contact you.
- The customer is you friend – they will let you know what they need.
- You don’t like it when you’re asked for the order – everyone must think like you.
- You are afraid of rejection – you are the only one.
- You don’t know how to ask – let’s talk about how to ask.
Have you ever had a customer, you considered a friend, place an order with someone else without consulting you? How’d that wait for them, don’t ask strategy work?
How to ask
You can only ask when you have earned the right to ask.
Here are a few simple ways to ask.
- How’s that sound?
- If I could do _______may I earn your business?
- I build relationships with customers; may we start our relationship with this order?
- “Let me prove to you who we are! Let’s start small with _______.
(Now it’s not always easy to do this, and Randy shares more tips tomorrow.)